Friday, December 24, 2010

Baker vs. Pastry Chef


Perhaps the primary difference between a pastry chef and a baker is that the word "chef" literally means "boss." So while pastry chefs may bake, their title indicates that they have authority. A pastry chef is also a baker, but a baker isn't necessarily a pastry chef.
There's also a difference in the types of foods they make. Pastry chefs will likely spend more of their time working on creating delicate pastries and desserts and artistically plating them. Bakers, on the other hand, generally spend the majority of their time producing breads and other baked goods.
This is what i found out from the web. Since I'm using the title "The Singing Baker" now, I think it is suitable for me because I'm not a Chef yet. I will be one in the future. Just wait for my title to be changed in a few years time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment